Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Monday, March 28, 2011

Fruit N Meat

We had pork chops last night.  I had a third of this huge pork loin that I had frozen, and I thawed it and cut it into 5 big thick pork chops.  I threw them in a frying pan with olive oil, after rubbing sea salt and pepper all over them and let them brown on both sides.  When they were cooked through, I put mustard and syrup together and poured it over them to coat them in this delicious sweet glaze.
For a sauce, I sauteed cut up granny smith apples and raisins with brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and cinnamon.  Everyone out there-Gross.  I think the apples were too tart!  And the vinegar was disgusting.  Even after I kept adding sugar, it continued to be full of vinegar flavor!
I also made some whole wheat mac n cheese, and I gotta say-the regular old not so good for you noodles are much better.  But I added crispy bacon ontop, which made it completely edible.  Bacon fixes all!
The pork chops had excellent flavor, but were dry because I cooked them way too long, and the apple sauce was disgusting.  The mac n cheese wasn't great, but the kids loved it...and I enjoyed picking out every last bit of bacon.
I'll do the chops again...just not the rest.  I think I may actually despise apple cider vinegar.  I've never made a recipe with it that I liked.  Could it be???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!