Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Friday, March 18, 2011

A rack of ribs

My mom and dad came over for supper a couple of nights ago and we wanted to have these baby back ribs with them...we wanted to bbq and grill them, but I wasn't sure how.  So I chanced it!  There were two full racks.  I boiled them for 15 minutes, drained most of the water out, covered them, and put them in a 250 oven for about a half hour.  Then I started the grill up.  It smelled so great...it's been such a long winter!  Grilling in the air makes everyone's hearts leap for joy!  I put the grill on the lowest setting and put the ribs on, checking them every 15-20 minutes.  After about an hour, I basted them with bbq sauce and kept doing that for about another hour or so, every 10-15 minutes, flipping them of course so they didn't burn.
OMG!
I can't believe that I just said that, but OMG!
There is no other way to describe it.  SO good!  The meat just came right off the bones, and we ate them with garlicky smashed red and yellow potatoes...and a salad so it didn't hit our tummies like a brick.
I can't wait for summer.  Grilling is coming, baby, and I'm going to conquer it with a vengeance!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!