Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A bowl of chili

I made my husband's favorite meal last night...chili.  Yes, girls.  Chili.  Last time I planned a romantic evening with him alone without the kids, I tried to get out of him...what would he want me to make out of anything in the whole world.  What would he be the happiest with?  Chili.  Needless to say, I did not make chili that night.  The reasons are clear.  Farts.
So I made chili last night.  He was ecstatic!  I started with a pound of ground beef and a chopped onion, which I cooked to smitherines because I was trying to put my makeup on and tame my mop top at the same time so I didn't look like I did nothing all day when Mike walked in the door.  Then I added a large can of diced tomatoes-petite diced because the texture is all too wonderous.  I also added a can of tomato paste and two cans of water.  Followed by black beans, pinto beans, and chick peas.  I cut up a bunch of celery and thick mushrooms (so Mike could pick them out.  He hates mushrooms.  I, on the other hand, adore mushrooms).  I let it cook a little and added lots of cumin and chili powder, 3 cloves of fresh garlic, a large handful of chocolate/white chocolate swirled chips, and bacon bits.  Not those hard icky bacon bits either, ladies.  The good, real bacon bits.  I dusted some smoked paprika ontop and let it cook down.
Delish!  It had this sort of depth and richness I have never yet experienced with chili.  So....to another successful supper.  And don't forget the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!