Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Friday, March 25, 2011

Strom-boli-boli-oh!

I made strombolis last night for supper.  The girls wanted a salami and cheese one, and I made Mike and I a salami, ham, yellow pepper, onion, cheese one.  I also made this homemade marinara, which I've never made before.  Here's how you make it:
Pour some olive oil in a hot skillet.  Put a bunch of fresh pressed garlic in there.  Saute it and add a little bit of anchovy paste.  That's right...anchovy paste.  Saute that.  Then add red pepper flakes, a can of diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, parsley, and basil.  Let it simmer down.  Squish the tomatoes with a potato masher.  Keep cooking it until it isn't so thin.
We ate it with fresh steamed broccoli, cantaloupe, and a salad with baby greens, yellow peppers, and avocados.
Delightful!  Lucy even brought a piece of the stromboli to school for lunch, she liked it so much.  She was eating 20 minutes after we were all done!  
And yet, to another success in the Stute household.
Now for a sip of wine after a long hard working day of cleaning and cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!