Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nothing better than bacon

We had this huge pork loin we bought from the grocery store in Minong, WI.  A huge ginormous thing...SO, what do we do with pork loin?  Fatten it up, for one thing.  It tends to be dry.  So I rubbed salt, pepper, and rosemary all over it and wrapped it in bacon.  Seriously, there's nothing better than the flavor of bacon.  And pizza.  I LOVE pizza.  Oh, and a good cheeseburger.
Back on subject, I also threw together a rice pilaf where I browned some angel hair that was all broken up in a pan of butter.
Butter-another necessity of cooking.
And then added a mix of jasmine rice and brown rice and a bunch of chicken stock.  Let it simmer for...forever. Just when it seems it will never be done, pull it off the stove after checking to make sure the brown rice isn't like little rocks, and serve it piping hot.  At the bottom of the pan there were these scrumptious little carmelized brown chunks of rice where the butter had browned it so beautifully.  That was where the taste was, and as I ate each bite of rice, I awaited the next piece of wonderful brown salty chewiness.
Mom threw in some buttery flaky Grands! biscuits...who doesn't love those?  And we corn.
And canned peas, my enemy.  For God sake, don't put canned peas on a plate of such exquisite wonderfullness! Oh yeah, I made a gravy of the drippings and added some thyme and milk.
And yet another hit at the dinner table...now it's time for a disaster.  I'm waiting for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!