Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Friday, March 11, 2011

Soy beans, anybody?

I saw this recipe for "green alien ravioli".  Sounds weird, right?  But cute enough that my interest was peaked and I decided to make it for supper last night.  Here's what you do:  shell a one pound bag of Edamame, saute shallots and onions and throw the beans in the pan.  Put 3/4 of the mix into a food processor and add cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and a little bit of water.  Take won ton wrappers, and fill them with the edamame slush.  Pinch the wrappers together and drop into boiling water for 5 minutes.  Then scoop it out of the water.  When you are finished with the ravioli water, put some into the pan with the remaining beans, shallots, and onions.  Add a cup of heavy cream, some parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.  Let it simmer.  It will thicken from the ravioli water, (won ton wrappers have cornstarch in them!)  Add the ravioli and serve immediately.  I thought some ricotta cheese inside the ravioli would have made it a little better, but SCRUMPTIOUS!!!  I overcooked my baked chicken horribly as I was on the telephone with a good friend of mine, and the baby was totally in my way the whole time, so I was busy dealing with her all at the same time.  And my husband was sleeping because he's sick.  Once the sauce was on the chicken, yum.  Try it, you won't be disappointed.  My hubby hates edamame, and he liked it.  He took it to work for lunch.  MMmmmmmm.  MMmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!