Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Monday, April 11, 2011

Sandwich heaven...

Tonight we had pork sandwiches.  I started by cooking country style pork ribs on 350 for a few hours.  I pulled them out when they were falling apart.  Oh, and I put salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil all over them and put about a half cup of water in the pan so they didn't dry out.
Then I put water, olive oil, sugar, and a little bit of vinegar in a pan and put sauteed shallots in there.  I cut up some strawberries and added that to the pan and let it cook down.  We poured the strawberry concoction ontop of the ribs that I had shredded, along with toasted hoagie rolls, arugula, and swiss cheese.  So delicous!  I was swimming in the meat and strawberries.  It tasted great together!
I also made quinoa for a side dish, and I wanted to make rice and beans, but thought it might be more healthy to have quinoa insteaed, so I cooked the quinoa, rinsed it, cooked some garlic in olive oil, added cumin, thyme, oregano, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of rinsed black beans, and some onions in there and added the quinoa to that.  Right at the end, I doused it in cilantro.  Mmmm!!!  It was like a tasty taco!  There was so much flavor...I think I know what happened last time we had quinoa, I didn't rinse it before I cooked it, and we didn't rinse it after, so it was too thick, and it seemed like no matter what we did to make it not so sticky, it just got stickier and thicker.  Ewwww!
We also had canteloupe, and much to my happiness, we ran out of ranch dressing, so I didn't have to sit at the table and watch my pretty little girls dunk their fruit into ranch dressing.  They LOVE canteloupe with ranch.  How horrid!
And we drank cherry Kool-Aid.  Come on, who doesn't like cherry kool-aid?!?!  It was the best part of my meal.
If ever I am worried that someone won't like my meal, at least we have the option of cherry kool-aid to wash it down, so the last taste is delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!