Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Friday, April 8, 2011

Fried Failure

I didn't have much time to make supper last night because my sister came over and we painted the girl's bedroom...then I had to clean my super messy pig-sty of a house.  So I pulled out the pollock, thinking, "fish is fast."  But I decided to make a beer batter and fry it in my deep fryer.  Quick?  Wrong. 
The fish wouldn't separate.  It was stuck in this giant clump of ice.  After prying it apart so I head shreds of fish dried off enough, I battered them and put them in the fryer.  I didn't have paper towel to drain them, so I thought I was being a genius and put them on a paper bag. 
Friends, paper bags do not work as well as paper towels.  There is no contest.
Then I made green beans, but I wanted to make them yummy, so I put some sliced almonds in my wok...and burnt them.  So bad.  I redid it, but only had about a tablespoon of slivered almonds for a whole bag of beans.  I added a citrus basil herb I have from pampered chef, and they turned out pretty good.  Not enough almonds though.  We also had princess shaped mac n cheese.  Yes, princess shaped.  Shoes, crowns, pumpkins, and castles.  And shaped noodles are far to dense to make them into mac n cheese.  Maybe I'll use them for soup.  Princess soup.  What little girl wouldn't fall over and be in heaven?!?!
The fish was WAY too greasy and didn't have enough salt.  My husband had horrible heartburn all night. 
I think I'll retire with the fried fish.
I'll save that for camping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!