Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Salt, Salt, and more Salt

We had company yesterday, so Liz and I decided to make pounded out chicken rolled up with salt, pepper, nutmeg, ricotta, spinach, and proscuitto.  We WAY oversalted the little cute chicken bundles!  We made them with this mushroom marsala sauce, thanks to Rachael Ray.  And then we made some quinoa with garlic, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, zucchini, green onions, and shallots. 
For some reason, the quinoa came out quite tasteless even though I toasted it before cooking it.  And it was sticky.  Super sticky.  And thick.  I need to work on my quinoa making skills.  Still delicious though.
And the chicken was too salty.  With the mushroom marsala sauce, it was almost inedible.  The sauce was unbearably salty.  I cooked the mushrooms just perfect, because they weren't slimy and soft, they were still firm in the middle, which is a must when cooking mushrooms.  So that was on the plus side.  The chicken had good flavor, but I must be careful next time to not put in too much proscuitto.  It's so salty!
So...we had salt for supper.  What did you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!