Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hola!

Hispanic food...We had chicken tacos tonight.  If I would have known it would be so smokey, I would definately have NOT made it on a meeting night.  I heated up my grill pan and while that was warming, I cut some cabbage and put lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in it.  Then I put green onions on the grill with salt and pepper and oil.  After those were grilled, I put the chicken on.  I used chicken breasts that had garlic lemon seasoning...they were on sale.  So I grilled those up.  I cooked up some bacon during all of this chaos and crumbled it in with the sliced chicken.  Then I threw some granny smith apples that were cut up in matchstick pieces and added them to the cabbage and sliced green onions.  Added some more lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil.  I bought some queso fresco and we had that crumbled over the tacos.  Oh, and I grilled the tortillas, which gave them this scrumptious smokey flavor.
The tacos were AWESOME and I will totally make them again.  Delicious...and healthy too!  We feasted until we could feast no more.  That's a lie.  I feasted until I had to run into the bedroom to change my clothes for meeting because supper took longer than expected, and we had only 15 minutes to get our butts out the door to meeting!  Complete chaos.  With happy tummies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!