Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Peas N Pasta

I could not, for the life of me, remember why on Earth I bought so many fresh herbs at the grocery store last!  But I knew I had to find out because I didn't want them to go bad.  Then I found it...a pasta dish with parmesan cheese, fresh herb pesto, bacon, and sweet peas.
So, I put together the pesto, which consisted of olive oil, garlic, tarragon, parsley, and mint leaves.  It also needed pine nuts, but I ended up forgetting to get those, and all I had was walnuts, which I added.  Blend it up. 
Then I cooked the pasta.  While the pasta was cooking, I put butter into a pan with 2 big shallots.  That's right, shallots.  I love them too much.  They have such a great flavor!  I used to think that people used them to seem fancy, but that's actually not the case.  They DO have a purpose!  Then you add bacon, then peas.  Then white wine, salt, pepper, and cream.  When the pasta is done, put it in the sauce, mix it up, add the pesto, then some fresh grated parmesan cheese, and WALLA!
I don't know how to spell that.  You get the point.
Oh, and I thought my hubby would appreciate extra meat, so I sauteed him up a pan of morrocan flavored shrimp.  I got this morrocan rub from Pampered Chef.  I have no idea if it was good, I can't even smell shrimp.  I think it's gross.  But the honey liked it! 
I think almonds would have been much better than walnuts.  My husband loves walnuts, so he LOVED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!