Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Be open minded for this one!

There's this fabulous thing that my dad's cousin showed us how to make.  Then I went over to Jason and Patti's and when I was there, she made it for me.
Try this:  even if you don't like sauerkraut
Fry up 2 chopped up onions in butter.  Then add a can of drained sauerkraut.  Fry it for a long time, it sweetens up and the sauerkraut isn't so pungeant.
Then take the mixture out and set aside.  In the fry pan, put more butter and let it melt.  When the pan is good and hot, add a layer of cooked noodles.  Cook the crap out of them, so they get browned and chewy. When that's done, add the mixture back into the pan with the noodles and put in a pint of cottege cheese.  Let that warm up, add salt and pepper...
Seriously, you will never go back to hating sauerkraut.  The dimensions of the dish are amazing.
Try it!  Once you start eating, you won't be able to stop.  Trust me.  It's THAT good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!