Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spinach or Spinage?

We've been having this ongoing argument with some friends of ours.  Is it spinach or spinage?  I know it's spelled spinach, but they INSIST it's pronounced "spinage".  What do you think?
I made roasted garlic creamed spinach.  Mmmmmmm!  Divine!  I want it every day of my life.
I but the top off the garlic head and drizzled olive oil all over it and wrapped it in foil, and baked at 450 for about 45 minutes.  Then I took the garlic out and squished it out of every clove into a food processor.  Blended it with cream and milk, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.  Then put olive oil in a pan and heated it up, added some diced onions, added more garlic, and cooked it.  Then added the spinach, warmed that up, and added the cream sauce.
I am SO in love with spinach!  Or spin----age?  Which one is it?

1 comment:

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!