Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Friday, June 3, 2011

steaks

My sister took my grocery shopping and bought me these top sirloin steaks that were crusted with a smoky paprika garlic crust.  I needed another quick supper, so I whipped up a salad, steamed some asparagus, cut up a watermelon, and grilled the steak for way less time than I thought would be needed...on my stovetop grill pan.  I let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes before serving it, and what do you know:  No supper left on anyone's plates!
The asparagus was mushy though, I got a little overconfident since it's been a long time since I've messed that up, so I forgot about it, thinking it was no big deal.  What did we have?  Green asparagus mush that tasted like we were eating dirt pudding.
Oh well, it was healthy, and I guess I like the taste of dirt.
Divine!  And super fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!