Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Grilled chicken taco pizza

Has anyone ever had grilled pizza before?  It's to die for!!!!
Grilling +Pizza=Love at first sight

Anyway, I have the worst time with pizza dough.  It makes me want to say bad words.  So I find it better to bake it until it's almost done and then put it on the grill so you can have that yummy grill flavor.  Or, a fancier version...that grill "flavour"!
So I took chicken breasts and coated them in a homemade taco seasoning.  Then let it sit while you dice up avacados and red onion.  Then add lime juice (it helps the avacado not turn brown, and it tastes delish to boot!)
Then grill the chicken.  Oh yeah, I pounded out the chicken really thin so it would grill more quickly.  Then chop up the chicken.  Put cheese on the grilled dough, the chicken, the avacado mix, fresh salsa, and cilantro.  You can add sour cream if you LOVE sour cream and can't get enough of it, like my little sister does.  She can eat like 5 tubs of sour cream in one week!  It's crazy!  Almost like my little ones and ranch....
The pizzas were delightful and fresh.  A little dry though, so my husband and I decided maybe we'd add some taco sauce next time...or mix sour cream and salsa or taco sauce and spread it on like a pizza sauce.  Just so it's not so dry.  But very healthful.  And very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!