Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Sunday, June 19, 2011

veggie supper

Tonight I had a lot of help from my girls with supper.  We had zucchinnis and yellow squash and used a potato peeler to peel them so they looked like wide noodles.  Then we put them in a strainer and rinsed with cold water.  Then added some salt and let it sit there for about 45 minutes, stirring it every once in awhile.  (that gets the water out of the vegetable)
I blanched 5 tomatoes, and while that was going, I cooked some ground chicken with olive oil, lots of garlic, oregano, parsley, and tons of basil.  Salt and pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. 
When the tomatoes were done, we added them to the chicken mix and chopped them up with a spatula.  After it was heated up, we put that ontop of the squash noodles.  I served it with a mixed baby green salad with bacon bits and cheddar cheese.
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I loved it!
Oh yeah, I made a side of noodles for the girls in case they didn't want the squash noodles.  And I gave Mike the squash mixed with noodles.
What a fantastic healthy and yummy supper!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!