Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Saturday, November 5, 2011

ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans

So this is no ordinary supper.  Sounds like it, right?
We bought a spiral cut ham because, well, people, let's face it.  They're deliciously thin and the edges are all carmelized and chewy.  Delicious.
Then I made homemade scalloped potatoes!  My sister used to always make them and I thought she was a kitchen whiz for it!  But I found this recipe with shallots, half and half, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, potatoes, parmesan cheese, and sharp cheddar cheese.  SO good and cheesy!  And the paprika added so much.  It wasn't that strong either, but the aftertaste was to die for!
Then for the green beans, the real star of the show.........
fresh green beans, crispy bacon, carmelized onions, crushed red pepper, and toasted pecans.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
I've never ever loved green beans so much!
So this is a newsflash for me-*try something new with veggies!*  Next on my list, cauliflower and artichoke sauteed.
I still get the Rachael Ray magazine.  RR and I are tight, like this-
But now I get the Food Network magazine.  It's quite a bit more expensive, but still SO worth it.  There are some to DIE for recipes in there!  I'm saving the copies.  If anyone wants to take them, let me know.  Seriously, either Rachael Ray or Food Network.  I got em here for you.  Oooh, and I want to try creamed corn ice cream.  With carmel corn ontop.  Yeah JIM....don't knock it till you try it.  And I'll let you know when I do.  It's going to be fireworks in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!