Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cheesy scalloped potato and ham soup

Remember that smokey scalloped potato and ham with pecan bacon green beans we had?
We have TONS of leftovers.  Miraculously, the green beans got all eaten up that first night.  Otherwise, a plate full of potatoes and like half of the ham!  What can I say, when I get a ham, I get a big one.  Make it worth my while...
I found this quart size carton of Wisconsin cheese soup, which on its own is horrid.  I mean, so fake cheesy with no depth of flavor!  So I poured that into the saucepan, added scallions, salt, pepper, the smokey scalloped potatoes, a bunch of diced ham, garlic, and some more smoked paprika.  Then added some fresh grated parmesan in the end because it still lacked a richness I was trying to achieve.
Mmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!  The girls thought it was weird, but my honey was like, "is there a lot more of this left?"  I told him "enough a big lunch for you tomorrow."  He smiled, relieved.  I'm so happy he liked it!  And it took literally 15 minutes to dice and chop and fix up.  So kuddos to the gross Wisconsin cheese soup in a quart size carton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anything with cheese can be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!