Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Monday, November 14, 2011

Noodles and Beef with sauce

Homecooked was the theme I went with tonight.  We had side pork, chopped up and fried till crispy with olive oil, garlic, and thyme.  Then I removed that from the pan and put in cubes of tip steak that had been tenderized.  I added chili powder, salt, and pepper.  Then took those out.  With the remaining juices, cooked some chopped baby carrots and then some mushrooms.  Added it all together with a jar of garlic spaghetti sauce and peas.  Serve the sauce over linguini noodles with some cilantro sprinkled ontop.  Thank you Rachael Ray!
I also whipped together some butter, garlic cream cheese cooking sauce, and cottege cheese and spooned that over pieces of cheese rolls.  Broiled it.  YUM!  Cottege cheese really works nicely in a garlic bread form.  You should try it.  It melts nicely!
All served with a side of what????  Salad, of course.  A spinach salad with tomatoes, bacon, and smoked gouda, and a dressing of Paula Dean's peach dressing.

Honestly, I hated the peas in it.  I think it de-elevated the dish.  Something warm in the stomach, though.  The cilantro made it extra good, but I don't think I would have liked it if there was not cilantro ontop.  Cilantro always makes things taste more fresh and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!