Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pulled Pork

We went to the beach for the evening and instead of grilling decided to bring pulled pork for sandwiches.  I brought it in a crockpot.  It worked really well!  So I couldn't figure out where my recipe was, so I looked one up on the food network.  Tyler Florence, or whatever his name is.  But I tasted it when it was done and it was icky.  Tasteless and fatty and gross!
So I drained out the fat and added worcestershire, garlic, hot and spicy mustard, peach salad dressing, brown sugar, ketchup, bbq sauce, salt, and pepper.
It was pretty good, although my sister in law has a blog and she has a root beer pulled pork recipe on her site.  I think that's the way to go, I've heard it's delicious!  So next time.
But it was a great night at the beach.  The girls swam for hours, we got to visit with my parents and Mike's parents and our brother and sister.  It was fun.  Relaxing.
Plus the beach is beautiful by us.  Especially on Sunday when we went.  The lake was perfect, the playground is right there, there are picnic tables, grills, trees, grass, sand, and lots of rocks for the baby to throw into the lake.  And no icky fishes and weeds!
So the end of the long weekend...but a good end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!