Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

turkey dinner

What???  Turkey dinner on a Tuesday night, am I crazy????
I got this big huge turkey for 10.00 at Super One and it wouldn't fit in my freezer, so I put it in the fridge.  At 11am on Tuesday, I popped it in a 500 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Then covered it with some water on the bottom of the roaster and roasted it for the rest of the day at 350 degrees.
I thought I cooked the meat right out of it, but when I opened up the breast meat it was SO juicy!  I've never made a juicy turkey before.
I made mashed potatoes, but didn't take out the mixer, which was my first mistake.  The potatoes were lumpy.  And not enough salt, so they were bland.  Add salt and turkey gravy, you're good to go.
And nothing is better than good old generic Stove Top stuffing.  Mmmm mmmm.  I LOVE quick stuffing, it's to die for!  Who knows, maybe it's the half stick of butter per box?  Could have something to do with it...
For the gravy, I just poured the turkey drippings into a pan with some milk and when it was boiling, added a mixture of cold water and cornstarch.
So it was a pretty good home cooked meal.
Only reason we liked it on an August day was because of the central air in our house.  Oh to be spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!