Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Captain Morgan sauced smoked burger

Here's my honey's favorite burger so far...
a plain bowl of lean ground beef mixed with pepper, soy sauce, garlic, and onions.  Make patties and bake.  I always bake them because it's a lot less messy with the grease.
Then bake some peppered thick sliced bacon.
Then I made a sauce out of onions, garlic, Captain Morgan rum, brown sugar, applesauce, nutmeg, ketchup, salt, pepper, worcestershire, and soy sauce.  The soy sauce tied it all together.  I let that reduce for about 45 minutes.
Melted smoked mozarella, and BAM!  The captain burger.
Mmmmm, so good.  So so good.  It reminded me of the Jack Daniel's burger at TGIFridays.
Oh, but so good.  I can't stop thinking about it.  And Mike says it's definitely his favorite.  After one bite.  It was ooey gooey deliciousness ontop of an oven baked olive oiled bun.
I don't know if I can top this burger.  But I can try....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!