Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lima bean shepherds pie

Alright, sounds gross, right?
Don't knock it till you try it!
Soooo....first fry up an onion in olive oil.  Add ground chicken until it's done.  Then add chopped up zucchini, tomato, and a nice big couple teaspoons of cumin with salt.  Let that cook about 5 minutes.  Then take 6 cups of lima beans to a seperate pot and add salt, milk, and garlic powder.  Mash it all up together.  Add some parmesan cheese to taste.

Grease a 9x13 pan, put the meat mix in the pan, pour the bean mix over the top, drizzle with a little butter because the beans are so thick.  Put french fried onions ontop and bake until it's done!

The reason I even came up with this and found a recipe is because we recently got 6-6 pound CANS of lima beans.  WHAT????
And last night all our friends came to meeting giving us veggies from their gardens.  So this was on the menu.  It's good, good for you, and certainly comfort food.
Try it.  Like I said, I hate lima beans...and it's good.

1 comment:

  1. But now when I think about lima beans I want to gag, so I guess it wasn't such a good meal. Maybe just because it was hot and I was hungry. TIP-if you want your company to love your food.......make them wait.

    ReplyDelete

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!