Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Whiskey Chili

Super easy meal tonight.  We've been gone for a long time visiting family all over the place.  So I pulled out the ground turkey.  I think it's pretty ishy tasting usually, but works good in things like chili cuz you can't taste it then, and it has more of a hard texture than beef.  So I cooked that up, added onions and olive oil, then added a big ol' glug of whiskey.
Let that cook off, add tomato sauce, black beans, and cannelini beans, and some dried mushrooms.  Salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, spanish paprika, cumin, and italian seasoning.  Oh yeah, and I put some moroccan seasoning too.  It's got this sweet smokey flavor.
We put, of course, cheddar cheese and sour cream in it, and ate it with fritos.

I skipped the chocolate this time.  Last time I made chili I had WAY too many flavors, so I opted for a more clean flavor this time.
Make it, guys, tell me what you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!