Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tomato basil fettuccinne

I was watching a cooking show and the challenge was to make a basic tomato basil pasta.  It's amazing all the ways you can make a "BASIC" recipe like that.  So I figured I'd give it a try.
I wanted to use fresh tomatoes, but they're horrid this time of year.  All green and tasteless and gross.  So I used a big can of petite diced tomatoes, put that into the pan, added some garlic, salt, pepper, lots of basil, cracked red pepper flakes, and a small bit of italian seasoning.  Then I cooked some fresh fettuccinne noodles, (I didn't have spaghetti or angel hair so I had to go with the thicker noodles).  I took them directly out of the boiling water when they were almost done and added them straight to the tomato mixture without rinsing them, (it makes the pasta sauce a bit more thick).  Then added fresh parmesan cheese.
I have a new favorite!  I'm going to play with it a bit, but I LOVE this recipe.  It's such a clean fresh flavor. Fresh Find....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!