Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Monday, May 23, 2011

Orangy pork-wiches

So I decided to do a spin on french dips tonight.  I have this huge pork loin I bought awhile ago and wanted to use that.  So I roasted half the loin after coating it with salt and pepper.  Meanwhile, I made an au jus with chicken broth, sliced oranges, thyme, rosemary, parsley, onions, and garlic.  Put the meat in a bun and top with a mixture of orange zest, rosemary, thyme, and parsley.  Delishus!  And by the way, I got the recipe from Rachael Ray again.  It was so good and so different than usual!  Mom made "party in your mouth" potatoes to go with the sandwiches.  Cubed potatoes, crm of chicken soup, sour cream, cheese, and butter.  Except she did something I never have done...she puts crushed Lays potato chips ontop and bakes it.  Original plain chips.  And drizzles butter over the top. 
Could it get any better???????? 
Such a fresh summery meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!