Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Granny burgers

I went "big" grocery shopping and had this package of hamburger that was ready to be used...or thrown in a couple of days.
SO, I went to my favorite website, Rachaelray.com

We had salisbury steak.  Really, WHO in their right mind cooks salisbury steaks besides old grandmas, and they always add canned peas into the rice for some reason.  I guess I do.  My mom loves salisbury steaks, and I think I follow that trait.  I even like the banquet tv dinner ones...that is, until I bit hard on something that resembled bone.
Back to business....so I took 2 lb of beef, put saltines, an egg, salt, pepper, 2T of grated onion and juices and worcestershire (commonly referred to as "What's That There?!?!" sauce)  I molded them into oval shaped patties.
Molded-see...molding something while cooking is never a good sounding word.  It's like those pressed ribs they serve at school.  Those are molded. 
I did mold the patties, put them on a cookie sheet, drizzled olive oil over them, and cooked them at 375 for 20 minutes.  I also threw some rice in the microwave...uncle ben's rice.  It's the best.  Expensive, but worth the money.
Then I chopped 2 whole onions up, put them in butter on the stovetop, in a pan of course.  Let that cook down with salt and pepper and a bay leaf.  Then added 3 cloves of garlic and italian seasoning.  Then added 1 and 1/2 c of  beef broth and 2 T of "What's that there??!" sauce.  More pepper, and some cornstarch and water to thicken it. 
The girls thought it was too spicey. 
Mike loved it but didn't really say much because he's got this horrid cold.  He doesn't talk when he has a cold.  I loved it though.  I'll make it for you someday.  Request it.  Moldable meat.
My oldest daughter is riding her bike as fast as she can down the driveway with our middle daughter pushing our baby in her stroller as fast as she can, chasing the oldest girl.  Oh yeah, and they're all in robes and slippers.  I better put a stop to that.  Someone's gonna lose an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!