Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Friday, May 6, 2011

chicken burrrrrrrrritos!

I had to make supper quickly last night because Mike got home and I was still spiffying up the house and putting groceries away.  It was my big grocery shopping day for the month, and after almost $300, our fridge still doesn't look full!  What's up with the grocery prices?  However, by previewing the shopping ads and using coupons, I  saved almost $80.  Hooray!
So, I cut up some chicken, cooked it, and put salsa verde in the pan with it.  Stirred it.  Then I made a salad of corn, black beans, avacados, orange peppers, green onions, and cilantro with salt and pepper.  We ate the chicken and salad in tortillas.  Yum!  And healthy too.
I picked up some new Tostitos chips-Hint of Pepperjack.  They're pretty good.  Not overpowering.  Delicious with salsa.  You should try them!  By the way, Tostitos are on sale EVERYWHERE right now.  Go pick up a bag!
The kids ate cheese quesadillas.  What a suprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!