Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wine and Shallott Pork Chops with Swiss Herb Potatoes

I whipped up the greatest meal tonight!  I'm telling you, I'm starting to cook without recipes and they're finally starting to work out when I omit the cookbook!
First I browned some pork sirloin.  Then put it aside and sauteed 2 big shallots, sliced thin, with chopped rosemary and thyme.  Then I added white cooking wine, put the chops back in the pan, covered it with foil, and baked it at 350.
Meanwhile, I peeled a half bag of yukon golds and put those in boiling water.  Drained it, added a little bit of butter, salt, chopped rosemary and thyme, and slivered swiss cheese.  And some milk so they weren't so sticky.
We had a bag of steamed candy corn along with it, (Jim, that's not the candy....you can't buy it in the aisle at JT's!)
I'm surprised the potatoes turned out so good, but they were simple and super good!  The pork chops were almost overdone, but the centers were juicy and tender.
Hooray to no cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!