Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chicken tortilla soup

I made my VERY OWN chicken tortilla soup today, with NO recipe people!
First, I took a half pound of bacon and fried that up.  Added diced chicken, then when that was half cooked, a half of a diced onion, chopped celery with leaves, 3 cloves of garlic, big can of petite diced tomatoes, chili powder, a little bit of cumin, a box of chicken broth, a big can full of water, a bunch of red savinas pepper (which, by the way, is quite hot!), 3 bay leaves, salt, pepper, chopped fresh cilantro,  2 green onions cut up, spanish paprika, and harissa.  I used 2 new products today- Red Savinas Pepper and Harissa.  I could taste both in the soup.  Mmmm, I think I'll be using those spices more from now on!
Then I cut flour tortillas in strips for Mike and corn tortillas in strips for me and fried those up seperately.  I put those in a pile ontop of the soup and added queso fresco cheese, which is PERFECT in the soup!

You've GOT to try it.  I love it way better than the Bear Creek kind!!!!!!
I'm so proud.  Write it down in your memory box, friends!  NO RECIPE!  Just my creative juices flowing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!