Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tuna Steaks

I was going to make flank steak for dinner, but I saw the tuna steaks in the freezer and decided Mike would think I was, like, the GREATEST wife EVER if I made him fish....so I put it in a bowl with white wine, fresh thyme, soy sauce, pepper jelly, garlic, and shallots.  Then let that marinate.  When it was time to cook I threw it under the broiler on my pizza stone for about 8 minutes, flipped it, and cooked it another 6.  I had to cook it longer than usual because it was frozen on the inside when I put it on the stone.  I suspect it would go super de duper fast if it wasn't frozen.
We had steamed asparagus and yukon gold baked potatoes with it.
The fish was yellowfin tuna and I got it from Super One.  It had been packaged by the meat cutters there, whereas the last kind we got was flash frozen.....the stuff we had last night was more fishy.  Not so into the fishy flavor, but tuna steaks are delicious and the texture reminds me more of like chicken than fish.  It's darker meat like beef though.
Oh, and by the way, if you're wondering.......Mike thinks I'm, like, the GREATEST wife EVER for making fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!