Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Saturday, June 30, 2012

AMAZING grilled shrimp scampi!

First of all, let's just start by telling everyone that I HATE shrimp.  I mean, I try my very best to like it, and I want to like it.  But I can't even bite into it due to that bouncy "shellfish" texture.  On that note, I made a special supper for my man tonight.  Shrimp scampi!  Not any shrimp scampi though.
Here's how it goes:

slice up half a garlic bulb and put it in olive oil and saute until the garlic is golden brown.  Transfer the oil to a bowl, reserving the garlic in a seperate little bowl.  Then add juice of 2 lemons, zest of 2 lemons, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt.  Slice up yellow squash and zucchinni and brush them with the lemon mixture.  Grill the slices for a couple of minutes.  Meanwhile, put almost all the rest of the lemon mixture in a big bag with the thawed shrimp and let it marinate at least 5 minutes.  When the squash is done, grill the shrimp.
While that's grilling, cut up the reserved garlic really small and add butter to it.  Butter baguette slices.
Take the shrimp off the grill and put in bowl with the rest of the lemon mixture.
Grill the bread for a couple of minutes.  Serve with parsley and slices of lemon.

The squash was soooo delightful!  And the bread was pretty good too.  What I loved about this dish was the clean flavors that popped.
Mike loves this more than the regular pasta shrimp scampi I've made him in the past.

Let's just say "I think I'm gettin' lucky tonight!"  (for you younger readers, please don't read that last part.)

1 comment:

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!