Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Monday, June 25, 2012

Fish tacos with watermelon salsa

I haven't cooked in awhile again...nothing adventurous anyhow!  So I found this recipe in the food network magazine.  Grilled fish with a salsa made of diced watermelon, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.  I also took coleslaw mix and put the juices from the watermelon on that.  Grill the corn tortillas, and assemble the tacos, adding sliced avacado at the end.

So I think I picked the wrong kind of fish.  The recipe called for Wild Striped Bass.  We, of course, living up here in the Northland, have no such thing.  So I thought maybe Pollock would be a good guess.  But the fish is far too soft.  It almost mimicked the texture of the watermelon, which made for a very squishy taco.  The fish was actually even mushier than the watermelon.  So I didn't love that.  Maybe another kind of fish next time.

To trying things out....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!