Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cheesy tomato rigatoni

Thanks again to Rachael Ray, I've made a most delicious supper!  Hey, and I made a huge step.  I got rid of my cookbooks at the garage sale we had at Hertzners.  With the internet there's no need for them so much!  They take up space.  I'll always love cookbooks though.  (I love the pictures!)

So....she didn't put this in the recipe, but I fried up a pound of ground chicken and half a pound of mild italian sausage.  Cook up rigatoni, in a seperate bowl, combine ricotta, fresh parmesan, fresh mozerella finely diced, thyme, basil, salt, pepper.  Add to the cooked noodles.  On the side, saute some garlic in butter, add a can of basil plum tomatoes and crush them up.
So, to assemble, put the noodle/cheese/meat mixture in a sprayed casserole dish, pour the tomato sauce ontop, and top with a mixture of the mozerella, parmesan, and I put a little sprinkle of cheddar just because it's pretty.
YUMMMY!
Remember...if you use ground chicken, (which is super good by the way.  And good for you.) use olive oil because the chicken hardly has any fat so it tends to stick and burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!