Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spinach stuffed flank steak

Hey guys!  I cooked again............shocker!
Cleaned up a flank steak, which, by the way, is NOT the prettiest meat to work with.  It's got all these stringy fibers in it, and I'm super picky about fat, so I kept finding spots to fillet off.  The fat runs across the whole top of it, so it's seriously like you have to fillet it like a fish.  Anyhow, I tenderized the crap out of it and pounded it out way thin, put salt and pepper on it, and stuffed it with a mixture of chopped spinach, a beaten egg, and italian bread crumbs.  Rolled it up, and broiled it until it was done.
Along with it was a sauce made up of horseradish, mustard, beef stock, flour, butter...
And we had cheesy bread again and a box of sour cream n chive scalloped potatoes.  My husband loves those boxes of potatoes, and that's what we had!  No extra money for food this month, so we're using up what we have around, which is good because there's a lot of things around I just haven't used because before I get to it we go grocery shopping again and then I forget about it.

Ivy loves the potatoes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!