Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu

The wedding is over now, everyone!  That means I might just might have time to cook a little more.  I've been very preoccupied with the wedding, so let's just say my family's been having lots of pizza.....
So I pounded out chicken breasts and stuffed them with ham and swiss cheese, rolled them up, baked them for 45 minutes on 350.  While it was cooking, I made a sauce of shallots, fresh chopped roemary, white wine, salt, honey, mustard, garlic powder.  When it was good n cooked, I added cornstarch with water and thickened it.  MMMMMMM!  The sauce was the star of the meal.  It was sooo good.  We also had buns I split in half and Lucy put a sice of smoked provolone ontop and we broiled it.  The girls loved the bread, of course.  It was like cheese pizzas with no sauce.
Perfect cheese to use on cheesy bread though!
The sauce was great.  Even better than the chicken.  It was delish!  And the girls ate so much we had no leftovers for Mike's lunch.  They had the chicken with ranch, of course.  Ranch.
Whatever floats their boats....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!