Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Monday, January 27, 2020

Chile Verde on Burrrrrrr-itos!

We had hospitality yesterday. This means we had to make food, and a LOT of it. Yay! I love food. And I love company. And I love Chile Verde.

It's a delicious green sauce poured over burritos. You can make the burritos any way you like. I got this recipe from my fabulous mother in law. She uses refried beans and hamburger in the burritos, but I'm not the biggest fan of refried beans. So mushy for me.

Heat up your dutch oven. HOT. Add cut up pork cubes and onion. Fry it. It needs to be hot and quick because the juice will stay in the pork then.
Add garlic, green chiles, jalapeƱos, water, salt, pepper, and a few diced tomatoes.

Bring it to a boil. Thicken it with cornstarch.

We made pinto bean and cheese burritos. The other ones were rice, hamburger, and cheese burritos with Complete Seasoning.
You know, I never knew about complete seasoning...until my great friend from Costa Rica came. She made Sopa Azteca and used the seasoning. It's divine! On everything. I mean, I use it constantly. It should be a staple in everyone's cabinet. Unless you're allergic to MSG (A friend of mine can't have it because of that) It's even good on mac n cheese!

This made a whole lotta good warm food, and it's even awesome on eggs in the morning. It's good scooped on tortilla chips for a Green Chile Nachos meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!