Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Back online!

Hey my people! I haven't looked at this blog in years, it was sort of part of my "healing process" after my sister died. I was home all the time, watching a billion kids, looking for a way to express myself and let out some of my emotions. I did it through food.
Since then, we have moved from snowy Wisconsin to Douglas, Arizona, which is about as far opposite as you can get. Pretty much we live as close to Mexico as you can get without actually crossing the border. It's been a huge change!
The food is different, the people are different, the culture is different. The weather is different, which means we make much less heavy food now. But I'm getting sick of the same old food we always eat.

I've been inspired by my own blog, and I think I want to get back online and express myself through food again. Food defines me. I love to find myself through my cooking, and I'm ready to begin that process again.

Our kids are 15, 13, and 9. All homeschooled. I'm never home, as opposed to back in 2011. I'm always out in service, preaching about Jehovah. People need it. They need to know there's a God who cares, and that things will be better.  They need hope.
I can't just do that, though. I need an outlet. So in addition to learning guitar, I'm going to start cooking more often and loving it more often.

We have a huge flat-top grill in our back yard. It's the best purchase I think we ever made. We use it constantly, and if you are thinking of buying one, you will not be disappointed, I promise you that. So I will be writing about that as well.
I also have my parents living with me! My dad loves to cook. He's overflowing with ideas, so I will be including all of his ideas too.

It's on like Donkey Kong.  Let's do this!
(Oh and on the photo, yes, that's the wall. To Mexico. We're that close) :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! It's gonna be epic :-)
    If you have any ideas for future recipes that you find, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!