Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Another stir fry. And delicious at that!

Liz went to the grocery store with me and got me the stuff for supper tonight.  First of all, I would like to thank her for the food!!!!!

Okay...onto the food.  We had stir fry.  Pork loin that I sliced up.  The stir fry had (and all the ingredients are fresh, just so I don't have to keep saying it.) Pea pods, broccoli, broccoli slaw, mushrooms, red pepper, pork (of course), green onion.  So I sauteed all of that up.  Meanwhile, made a sauce that turned out just great!

In a saucepan I heated up olive oil and added some crushed garlic.  Then I had toasted a bunch of sesame seeds (I can't get enough sesame seeds!  I love them!) so I threw those in, added some green onion, and grated ginger.  Then let that cook up a bit.  Then added soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper jelly, some water to make it not so salty.  Let it cook down, and added it to the stir fry mixture after.
We had it all ontop of jasmine rice, which I've really come to love versus regular old rice.  Although I have to say, Uncle Ben's is still my favorite, it has a great flavor. 
Digressing...anyhow, we had those crunchy chow mein noodles ontop, and I don't love those, but my family sure does.  Mike loves to put crunchy noodles in a bowl with stir fry ontop and skip the rice all together. 

Concensus????  "Honey, this is the best stir fry you've made!"

Yay!  Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!