Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Thursday, May 10, 2012

pulled pork tacos, yummmmm!

Hello faithful readers of mine!  Okay, so I found this most fabulous recipe on Allrecipes.com.
Went to Oles (our small town grocery store) and found this massive pork roast on sale for $5.99!  So, put it in a dutch oven.  Meanwhile, mix a can of diced tomatoes with chiles, chili powder, garlic, chopped onion, lime juice, salt, and pepper.  Pour that over the top.  Then put it in the oven at 350 for 4 hours.  I did mine a little longer since it was so big.  Then I took it out, shredded it, (after finding the pieces of grisel cuz I HATE biting into grisel!) and then add fresh chopped cilantro, a full bunch.

To assemble, take a warm corn tortilla, add the pork mixture, sliced fresh avacado, and some sour cream.  We added some shredded cheddar for good measure.

SSSSSOOOOOOOO good!

The next night we ate the pork mixture on delicious fresh chewy hard rolls and it almost just as divine!  What can I say, I love corn tortillas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!