Welcome

Welcome to my cooking blog, for regular mommys all over

Monday, December 5, 2011

Steak Paninis

Who ever said that sandwiches weren't for supper?  Not me....
So I sliced up some sirloin tip steak really thin and cooked that in olive oil until medium.
Then mixed up sour cream, horseradish, applesauce, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
In a seperate bowl, I put chopped parsley, minced onion, chili powder, garlic, and lemon pepper seasoning and mixed that up.
So for the sandwiches, I put olive oil on the english muffin bread and put that on the griddle.  I spread the sour cream sauce on the bread and added the meat, the parsley mixture, chopped romaine, sharp cheddar cheese, and then slathered on some more of that sauce on the opposite side of the sandwich and grilled the whole sandwich like a grilled cheese.

The flavors were SO good!  Mike didn't like the horseradish, but I thought it was delish!  Just the right amount, it wasn't too overpowering.  Very mild.  And the lemon pepper and parsley just brought out a bright flavor in the sandwich.
We had applesauce with supper.  Sandwiches and applesauce.  What can I say, I'm not too domestic today.  Off I go to brush the onions out of my mouth and clean my house up a bit.

Thank you everyone for reading, by the way.  It makes my meals so much more exciting to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Chocolate Devils

Little Chocolate Devils
These were a treat I made for superbowl 2011. Thanks for the picture, Lynz!